As the first point of contact, you will greet and assist customers as they enter our restaurant. In this position, delivering outstanding customer service will be your main objective. Additional responsibilities include processing food orders, cleaning public spaces, and packaging orders. The ideal candidate will be friendly, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Welcome customers and help determine their orders.
• Process customer orders and record them in the restaurant database.
• Relay customers’ orders to the kitchen staff.
• Ensure all orders are delivered to the customers in a timely manner.
• Accept cash and return the correct change.
• Tally money in the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each work shift.
• Place food orders in the appropriate bags and boxes.
• Respond to customer inquiries, issue receipts, and record customer suggestions.
• Clean and arrange eating, service, and kitchen spaces.
• Help kitchen staff when needed.
• Answer phone calls and process guest phone orders
• Other duties as assigned by manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately
• Mathematical skills and the ability to handle transactions quickly and accurately
• Previous experience as a cashier
• Ability to process coupons, refunds, gift cards and checks
• Knowledge of register operation, including cash, credit cards and register receipts
• 6 months related experience
• High School Diploma/ GED preferred, but not required
• Food Handler Certificatio